Saturday, August 24, 2013

Weekend fun

Came back to Ludlow for the weekend. Had breakfast at cafe de delight (on the fence about their blueberry pancakes). Then went to the Fletcher farm arts and crafts festival where hot plate crafts seemed to be in. Although maple cream is amazingggg.

We stopped by the Weston priory but had just missed their 11:30 prayer service. The place was beautiful but there are only 12 Benedictine monks right now and the youngest is in his 50s!

Then we went to northshire books in Manchester and I read "what Alice forgot." Which was a pretty good book, other than the ending. The bookstore is amazing. It feels like a small bookstore but is huge! Plus, you can buy wine or beer at their cafe, who would say no to that ;)

We grabbed "lunch" at the vt country store (aka, eating samples) then grabbed far too many drinks (the petron margarita w grand Marnier was esp delish) at Willie Dunn's at okemo. Oh, and I was merrily drunk enough to chat up the Harley driver's and I got to sit on one!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment